Tico, the upcoming restaurant from Boston restaurateur Michael Schlow, is inching closer to opening, with June as the projected debut month. Here are a few more details about the upcoming place, courtesy of a press release.
· As promised, the menu will draw from Spain, Mexico and Latin America. Expect tacos, ceviche, small plates, family style entrees and grilled dishes prepared "a la plancha," all from chef George Rodrigues.
· Elkus Manfredi Architects and StreetSense are working on the 164-seat restaurant's design. Schlow's wife Adrienne is responsible for the artwork.
· Director of operations Steve Uhr will create a wine list stressing picks from Spain, South America and the U.S. There will be more than 125 tequilas and mezcals, Latin beers and even a special beer collaboration with DC Brau, who will age their Citizen beer in Anejo barrels from Avion Tequila.
· Dinner service will come in June, while weekend brunch will eventually follow.
· Tico [Official Site]
· All Previous Tico Coverage [-EDC-]
Tico [Photo: Facebook]