Welcome to Plywood Report, where we fill you in on what's coming up in food. See anything happening in your neighborhood? Send a note to the tipline.
1) Clarendon: Tupelo Honey Cafe, a North Carolina chain, is looking to move into the ground floor of an apartment building in Clarendon, ARLNOW reports. A deal was just finalized. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
2) Falls Church: Don Rockwell spots signage for Gom Tang, a Korean barbecue place opening in Eden Center. [PLYWOOD]
3) Rockville: A location of sandwich shop Capriotti's will open in Rockville's The Galvan development, according to a blast from real estate firm Miller Walker. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
4) Petworth: A restaurant called Okapi will open at 4811 Georgia Ave, NW, where Moroni Bros. used to be. It may serve African food, but details are limited, according to PoPville. [PLYWOOD]
5) Atlas District: IMM Thai, based out of Annadale, will open at 1360 H Street, according to District Cuisine. [PLYWOOD]
6) Alexandria: Richmond-based Sugar Shack, which had been looking around in Alexandria, has found a home. Washington Business Journal reports the doughnut shop will open at 804 N. Henry Street, according to a permit application. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
Sugar Shack [Photo: Facebook]