SER was the ultimate winner of the recent Ballston restaurant competition which awarded free rent and other incentives for a restaurant headed to 1110 N. Glebe Road in Ballston. Restaurateur Christiana Candon shared a few details about what to expect from the restaurant in a press release.
· The neighborhood restaurant plans to serve comfort foods from Spain. It is "not a tapas restaurant," though. They'll offer a variety of different sizes for each dish, from family-style to individual entree.
· During the day, the restaurant will have both a full menu for lunch (with seated service) and a grab and go section so that busy office workers can get a sandwich, soup or salad.
· The restaurant will have a special "Christiana's Menu" highlighting simple, healthier options.
· The name comes from both the Spanish verb meaning "to be," as well as an acronym standing for "Simple, Easy and Real." Translation: fancy dress or flip flops are both acceptable attire for the place.
· They've launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise more money for the project.
The restaurant will open sometime in the winter.