Hockey pre-season games are kicking off this month at Verizon Center, which means Caps fans are taking note of what new food and drink items the stadium has to offer. Wizard games aren't far behind.
First up: here's what the high roller game attendees will be eating this season. Eater checked in with a rep for Levy concessions, which handles the Acela Club, club level and suites, to see what's new.
Aramark handles the main level; a spokesman told Eater they're "finalizing the menus as we speak," so more on that as it becomes available.
1. A foot-long half smoke: The giant half smoke is topped with caramelized onions and spicy stout mustard.
2. More vegetarian items: Vegetarians and omnivores alike can try new dishes ranging from a portobello mushroom stack to a wild mushroom flatbread pizza.
3. Brisket: BBQ Pit is among the new stands on the Club level.
4. The ubiquitous pretzel bun: DC Butcher Shop on the Club level will serve press-grilled sandwiches, pretzel sandwiches and sausages.
5. America!: The new Capital Craves restaurant will serve grilled chicken clubs, a Stackhouse burger toped with pork belly and a red, white and blue ice cream sandwich.
6 Chef’s Tables: Also a feature for club/suite guests, there will be customized rotating menus that change each game day.
7. Artisan pickles: Buy the Gastro Grub Suite Package and chow down on homemade pickles, smoky bacon, marinated olives, fondue, and a "two foot two pig" BLT.
8. Beer here: Look for Star Hill flights and more choices from Flying Dog brewery, as well as souvenir cups.