1) RESTON: A Jersey Mike's opens up in Reston today. The sub shop is raising money for local elementary schools during their first few days of operation. Status: Opening today. 2254 Hunters Woods Plaza, Reston, Va.; website.
2) TAKOMA: TACOma Yucatan Chicken has opened its doors. PoPville has a menu, which has rotisserie chicken, tacos and more. Status: Certified open. 355 Cedar St. NW; website.
3) ADAMS MORGAN: Also from PoPville, Italian restaurant Red, White and Basil had a soft opening. Pastas look to be a major focus. Status: Soft-opening mode. 1781 Florida Ave. NW; website.
4) CLARENDON: Arlington has a new pizza option in Brixx Wood-Fired Pizza. They serve regular and gluten-free pies, plus sandwiches, drinks, etc. Status: Certified open. 1119 N. Hudston Street, Arlington, Va.; website.
5) DUPONT CIRCLE: The Coffee Bar now has a second location open. Borderstan says they're mostly focusing on takeout customers. Status: Opening today. 17th and M Sts. NW; website.