LeDroit Park is getting another eatery when The Royal opens up in June. Here's what you need to know about the restaurant, which is located at 501 Florida Ave. NW:
- The 45-seat split-level restaurant is slated to open early next month.
- It's the second outpost of Paul Carlson, who also opened the nearby Vinoteca.
- This place is primed for all-day service: 7am weekday, 8am weekend opening times means a selection of coffees for dine-in or take-out, along with pastry and breakfast sandwiches.
- Cocktails are king at The Royal, with a menu created by beverage director Horus Alvarez. The highlight? Shaved ice cocktails that will be available year-round — and are made on a vintage ice shaver sourced from Guatemala.
- Food revolves around a Latin theme with plenty of vegetarian options. Highlights include handmade beef and vegetable empanadas, cheese arepas and wood-fired grill entrees like grilled squid and duck chicharron.