American Tandoor plans to open next month. Here's what you need to know about the restaurant, which is located at 7943B Tysons Corner Center.
- The 4,000 square-foot restaurant will start service on October 22 with an open kitchen featuring tandoor ovens.
- They're doing Indian cuisine with an American influence. Think samosas filled with sweet potato and marshmallow and saag paneer made with Jack and white cheddar cheeses.
- Owner Karan Singh, who grew up in the United States and northern India, has recruited Satinder Vij to helm the kitchen as chef de cuisine. He comes straight from India.
- The kitchen will make 16 unique spice blends in-house for use in dishes like Pork Vindaloo and Creamy Cardamom Grits.
- The restaurant is planning a weekend brunch buffet with Indian influenced breakfast items like buttermilk and chocolate dosa waffles and eggs benedict on naan.