August 12, 2016
1) ADAMS MORGAN: It's opening day for Osteria Al Volo, the new casual Italian eatery replacing the former Pasta Mia space. Pasta is the main event on the menu (think homemade ravioli stuffed with beef short ribs and pasta with duck ragu). Starters include antipasti and house-made burrata. Co-owner Daniele Catalani formerly ran Toscana Cafe near Union Station. Status: Grand opening today. 1790 Columbia Rd. NW; website.
August 11, 2016
1) TENLEYTOWN: It's opening day for the Chick-fil-A in Tenleytown. The chain gave away free food for a year to 100 people. Status: Opening today. 4505 Wisconsin Ave. NW; website.
2) ARLINGTON: Boru Ramen is the latest ramen restaurant to open in Virginia. ARLNOW reports five soup options, a few appetizers and sticky rice. No liquor license yet. Status: Certified open. 2915 Columbia Pike NW; no website yet.
4) LOGAN CIRCLE: It's soft opening day for Kingfisher; more details on the bar here.
August 10, 2016
1) CLEVELAND PARK: It’s opening day for Bindaas, the new Indian street food restaurant from owner Ashok Bajaj replacing the Bardeo portion of Ardeo + Bardeo in Cleveland Park. Here’s a tour of the space. Bindaas, from Rasika chef Vikram Sunderam, is cooking up such dishes as crab idiyappam, lamb and saffron kebabs, sweet corn rice pancakes, and more. Status: Opening today. 3309 Connecticut Ave NW; website.
2) ASHBURN: The Family Meal location in Ashburn transforms into Aggio today. The Italian restaurant from chef Bryan Voltaggio has a location in Baltimore (and temporarily operated in Chevy Chase within Range). Pastas are a major focus here. Status: Opening today. 20462 Exchange Street, Ashburn, Va.; website.
3) ALEXANDRIA: It’s opening day for HenQuarter, a new concept from Thompson Hospitality. Southern fare like fried chicken’s the focus here. This will replace the shuttered Austin Grill from the same company. Status: Opening today. 801 King Street NW; website.
August 8, 2016
1) PARKVIEW: Opening day for Tchoup’s, Alex McCoy’s po’boy shop.