August 26, 2016
1) U STREET: District Distilling Company opens today — find more info here.
2) MANASSAS: National entertainment venue chain Uptown Alley has opened a location in Manassas. They have food, bars, bowling, games, live music, and more. Status: certified open. 8300 Sudley Road, Manassas, Va.; website.
August 25, 2016
1) PENTAGON CITY: There's a new Matchbox in town. The latest Arlington location has two levels (with a second-floor patio terrace). There are some new menu items, too, like a meatball grinder stuffed in pizza dough. Here's the menu. Status: Opening today for dinner. 1100 S. Hayes Street, Arlington, Va.; website.
August 24, 2016
1) ADAMS MORGAN: Ben Tre is a new destination for Vietnamese food. Borderstan reports it replaces the quickly-shuttered Yamas Mediterranean Grill location in Adams Morgan. Status: Certified open. 2414 18th St. NW; no website yet.
August 23, 2016
1) PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY: Woodmore Towne Centre now has two new restaurants that have opened up in Glenarden. Honu Hawaiian Barbecue is serving up plate lunches and spam masubi, while Hook & Reel is a new Cajun seafood option. Status: Certified open. Woodmore Towne Centre, McHugh Drive, Glenarden, Md.; Honu website and Hook & Reel website.
August 22, 2016
1) DUPONT CIRCLE: A new location of coffee shop Saxby's is open as of today. They're giving out free cold brew all day to mark the occasion. Status: Opening today. 1303 19th St. NW; website.
2) STERLING: It's opening day for Cuban cafe Colada Shop. Find more details about the place here.
3) STERLING: Busy day for Sterling; it's also opening day for the new Burton's Grill there. Expect a similar set-up to the Alexandria location, with salads, burgers, seafood, and more. There's seating for nearly 200 people including outdoors. Status: Opening today. 21434 Epicerie Plaza, Sterling, Va.; website.
4) ALEXANDRIA: Vola's Dockside Grill and Hi-Tide Lounge is a new addition to the Alexandria waterfront. The restaurant from Alexandria Restaurant Partners (Palette 22, Lena's Wood-Fired Pizza) has a raw bar, seating for 160 people, and its own tiki lounge. Conch fritters, lobster rolls, fish and chips, and more are featured on the seafood-heavy menu. Status: Opening today. 101 N. Union Street, Alexandria, Va.; website.
5) U STREET: Today's the debut day for Sakerum, an Asian and Latin lounge that includes everything from sashimi-accented cocktails from mixologist Gina Chersevani to lobster and Wagyu-beef filled sushi rolls. Chef Khan Gayabazar is overseeing the menu for the two floor, 3,600 square foot restaurant. Status: Opening today. 2204 14th St. NW; website.
6) DUPONT CIRCLE: European cafe Emissary has opened its doors. Cocktails, croissants, coffee, charcuterie, and vegan options are all available there; here's the full menu. Status: Certified open. 2032 P. St. NW; website.