Catch 22, the Southern-style seafood restaurant from the team behind Milk & Honey Cafe in Maryland, is opening for brunch this weekend in Brightwood (5832 Georgia Avenue NW).
Customers who covet fried crab legs and waffles or Cajun seafood smothered biscuits must reserve seats via an eventbrite link that requires a $25 deposit. The nautical-themed restaurant will welcome customers who’ve registered in that system from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, November 10 and 11. Catch 22 shared the plan for its grand opening on its Instagram page.
Chef Sammy Davis, who won an episode of Food Network’s “Chopped,” has packed the menu with rich sauces and plenty of grits.
At Milk & Honey (College Park, Bowie), the house rules dictate no modifications to the top 10 signature brunch items, even for people with allergies. Here’s a look at the signature brunch items available this weekend at Catch 22:
- Lobster pot pie with kale salad
- Cajun seafood smothered biscuits
- Southern style salmon cakes and grits
- Mississippi fried crab legs and waffle
- Creole seafood stew and grits
- Charleston style shrimp, crab, and spinach omelette
- Crawfish & crab Benedict with spicy Cajun Hollandaise sauce
- Grilled barbecue catfish and grits
- North Carolina fried fish and grits
Eater offered a look a the full menu, which you can read here, last month.
You can also get a look at the nautical-themed interior, which looks like a place Neptune would eat brunch if Roman gods liked waffles, via YouTube.