The restaurant-studded Wharf complex is picking up two new dining options this weekend, and is now projected to welcome three more overdue eateries in the coming month.
The latest action is taking place right around Top Chef alum Mike Isabella’s French-themed Requin; New York chef Roberto Santibañez is leading the charge this evening by finally opening the doors to Mexican-themed Mi Vida, while cult bakery Milk Bar now plans to unveil its second area location at 9 a.m. on Saturday, February 24.
The next wave of openings includes a handful of restaurants that were part of the inaugural lineup but have yet to cross the finish line.
Those now scheduled to begin serving diners in the coming weeks include:
- Kaliwa: The debut D.C. restaurant from Alexandria-based Eat Good Food Group is now projected to present its take on Filipino, Korean, and Thai fare in “early March.”
- Lupo Marino: The waterfront pizzeria from the owners of sibling Italian restaurant Lupo Verde is now projected to arrive in “early March.”
- Cantina Bambina: This rooftop bar and snack stand is now projected to join existing Wharf sibling Pearl Street Warehouse by “mid-March.”
Here’s where the remainder of the outstanding projects along the Southwest waterfront currently stand:
- Municipal Fish Market: Real estate broker John Asadoorian tells Eater the renovation of the historic Maine Avenue Fish Market is unlikely to completed before the fall.
- Rappahannock Oyster Company: Rappahannock co-founder Travis Croxton says his next seafood restaurant is now expected to come online by “late spring/early summer.”
- Officina: A spokeswoman for Masseria founder Nicholas Stefanelli said the restaurateur’s forthcoming food hall remains on track for a late spring opening.
- Potomac Distilling Company: Bar vet turned rum maker Todd Thrasher recently told Eater he hopes to be pouring drinks at the Wharf’s debut distillery/tiki bar by late spring.
- Blue Bottle Coffee: The California-based chain did not provide an update about its forthcoming location inside the Wharf.
- District Doughnut: A District Doughnut aide says the homegrown bakery is currently hoping to open at the Wharf this May.
- La Vie: A spokeswoman for parent company Social Restaurant Group says this Mediterranean-themed bar is now projected to open in early April.
- Florentijn: The powers that be behind this Belgian-themed restaurant have not responded to repeated inquiries regarding the planned all-day eatery.
Eater will continue tracking the evolution of the Wharf as expansion effort continues.