The “light dusting” some meteorologists predicted D.C. commuters might face today has turned into a swirling snow storm complete with fat flakes, significant accumulation, and shuttered schools and government office buildings.
As per usual, some local hospitality ventures are rolling out weather-related food and drink specials to lure in consumers with an unexpected day off or those looking to combat cabin fever. Others have closed certain locations and warn that they may go dark across the board if conditions outside become unmanageable.
Send any storm-related programming changes to firstname.lastname@example.org; this list will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Acadiana: Offering $5 happy hour deals.
- Bastille: Offering all-day happy hour pricing.
- B Side: Extending happy hour pricing from 4 p.m. to close, and offering discounted pours ($5 to $7) of select large format beers.
- Brighton: Offering $2 off select wines and $5 off rail drinks till 7 p.m.
- Burger Tap & Shake: Both D.C. locations are currently plan to operate as usual.
- Buttercream Bakeshop: Currently open.
- Central: Opening at 5 p.m for happy hour and dinner service.
- Churchkey: Offering a combo deal ($10) of any two tasters of beer ($5 and under) and an order of tater tots beginning at 4 p.m.
- City Tap House - All: Both the Dupont Circle and Penn Quarter locations are offering all-day drink specials including select $5 draft beers, $6 house wines, and $7 cocktails made with cookie dough-flavored vodka.
- The Coupe: Currently open and serving brunch.
- Dirty Habit: Offering special duck-filled dumplings ($9) during lunch and dinner on Wednesday, March 21 and Thursday, March 22.
- District Doughnut: The Barracks Row location is currently open.
- District Winery: Offering half-price wine tastings and all-day happy hour.
- Eno Wine Bar: Offering $5 mulled wine all night.
- Filter Coffeehouse: The Dupont Circle location is currently open.
- Glen’s Garden Market: Both locations are currently open; draft beers are $4 all day.
- Hamilton’s Bar & Grill: Offering $1 PBRs and Miller High Life all day.
- Joe’s Seafood: Offering extended happy hour from 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the main bar; discounted items include select half-price beers, wines, cocktails, and oysters on the half shell.
- Kyirisan: Offering one free order of chicken wings, fried okra, or pork bao buns to customers seated in the main dining room during dinner.
- Living Room: The Ritz-Carlton lounge is offering complimentary hot chocolate till 5 p.m. Extended happy hour runs from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. including select $5 beer, $7 wines, and $10 hot toddys.
- Luke’s Lobster: The D.C. locations are opening at 11 a.m., and will be offering a free small clam chowder with the purchase of any sandwich.
- Ocean Prime: Offering happy hour pricing all day.
- Partisan: Offering select $5 glasses of wine.
- Peregrine Espresso: Both D.C. locations in are currently open.
- Players Club: Offering $2 off select beers, wines, and ciders, and $3 off rail drinks from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Pug: Currently plans to open at noon.
- Rare Steakhouse and Tavern: The downstairs tavern is currently open and offering a combo deal ($12) including fried cheese curds, a bloody mary, and a pony bottle of Miller High Life.
- SEI: Currently plans to operate as usual.
- Solly’s: Embedded vendor Sloppy Mama’s BBQ will offer a fish fry special ($15 per person) beginning at 3 p.m. The meal deal includes beer-battered cod, French fries, and coleslaw.
- Stable: Offering specialty cocktails and a limited menu — including fondue and raclette dinner service — beginning at 2 p.m.
- Takorean: Offering $3 draft beers all day.
- Tico: Offering happy hour all day, along with $7 tacos.