Critically acclaimed restaurateur and local dining evangelist Jeremiah Langhorne won the Best Chef Mid-Atlantic prize at the 2018 James Beard Foundation Awards.
The founder of the Michelin-starred Dabney and newly opened Dabney Cellar outshined repeat finalists Amy Brandwein of Centrolina, Tom Cunanan of Bad Saint, Rich Landau of Vedge in Philadelphia — and now also Fancy Radish in the Atlas District — and Cindy Wolf of Charleston in Baltimore to claim the culinary honor. The Dabney was a semifinalist in the Best New Restaurant category in 2016; Shaya in New Orleans won that year.
Meanwhile, hospitality icon and philanthropist José Andrés was honored as Beard Foundation Humanitarian of the Year for his ongoing efforts to feed those in need all around the world.
- Here’s the Full List of James Beard Awards 2018 Winners [E]
- Four D.C. Chefs Are Finalists for 2018 James Beard Foundation Awards [EDC]
- Here are 2018’s James Beard Awards Semifinalists [EDC]
- The Beauty of the Dabney Cellar Is Its SImplicity [EDC]
- Jeremiah Langhorne Discusses Mid-Atlantic Cuisine, Other Plans for the Dabney in D.C. [EDC]