The ambitious drink makers at nearly ready bowling bar the Eleanor have compiled a beverage list showcasing draft beers, hemp products, and at least one cocktail that should drive The Big Lebowski fans wild.
Founder Adam Stein hasn’t set an official opening date for the game-filled bar and restaurant he’s moved into short-lived Union Social (100 Florida Avenue NE). But he and his team — including co-general managers Jessica Rockwell and Katie Rockwell — have nailed down the food and drinks they’ll be serving gaming enthusiasts.
The drink list includes: 10 cocktails ($10-$14 each) ranging from a Negroni that carried over from the Eleanor’s sibling, Bar Elena, to a hemp-laced Scotch drink, and whiskey-cola concoction inspired by Southerners who drop peanuts into their soft drinks; two crushed ice-filled swizzle drinks ($12), including one fueled by locally made rum; a pair of slushies ($10), one of which is inspired by the White Russians Big Lebowski character the Dude drinks throughout the Coen brothers’ revered comedy; 20 draft brews ($3-$11) ranging from easy drinking Narragansett Lager to DC Brau’s collaborative sour, Rosé du Gose; nearly two dozen wines by the glass ($7-$15) including imported whites, reds, rosé, and sparkling selections; and eight canned and bottled beers ($2-$8) including pony bottles of Miller High Life that are also used for a beer-and-shot combo.
Food offerings closely track what is already available at Bar Elena, including most of the raw bar items, appetizers, and sandwiches — and, yes, that includes the spaghetti sandwich. New additions include: grilled clams with herb butter; shellfish stew with tarragon broth; a Korean-style hot dog sporting furikake spice and kimchi; and fried chicken thighs accompanied by Indian-spiced carrot puree.
Stein tells Eater the Eleanor will open for dinner at first. Lunch should follow shortly thereafter. And there will be two happy hours — one running from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, as well as a late-night version in effect from 11 p.m. to midnight on weekdays — right from start.
Scroll down to peruse the opening menus:
Eleanor DC Menu by Anonymous sIxp2JcBp on Scribd
Eleanor DC beverages by Anonymous sIxp2JcBp on Scribd
- The Most Anticipated Restaurants in D.C., Summer 2018 [EDC]
- NoMa Newcomer the Eleanor Is Working on Hemp-Spiked Drinks [EDC]
- Bowling-Crazed Bar the Eleanor Is Almost Ready to Roll [EDC]
- Pig Roasts and Crab Fests Are in the Works at the Eleanor [EDC]
- Bar Elena Founder’s Dream Restaurant Heads to NoMa [EDC]
- Atlas District Eats Up Bar Elena’s Alternative Vibe [EDC]
- Peek Inside H Street’s Playful New Bar Elena [EDC]
- Union Social, D.C’s Metro-Themed Eatery Closes [WCP]
- The Past, Present, and Future of Big-Ass Drinks [E]
- How Carrie Bradshaw, Don Draper, and The Dude Changed Cocktail Culture [E]