La Vie, the Mediterranean-style restaurant with scenic views of the Wharf and windows that peek into the pool on its roof, is now scheduled to open this July says the Washington City Paper. The coverage includes a look at the opening menu which lists familiar offerings including raw seafood towers, a gourmet burger, and roasted branzino.
Arlnow reports that Basic Burger has completed its relocation from Courthouse to Pentagon Row, and will host a grand opening celebration on Saturday, June 23 at its new store. Status: Certified open. 1101 S. Joyce Street, Arlington, Va.; website.
Georgetown’s Rosewood hotel is serving buffet brunch — think: brioche French toast, fried chicken — on its spacious rooftop starting Sunday, June 24. The all-you-can-eat service ($45 per person) runs from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; a la carte cocktails such as bloody marys and mimosas will also be in the mix.
Northern Virginia Magazine reports that fledgling barbecue company Ferguson’s Finest is setting up shop inside Ashburn’s the Craft of Brewing on weekends. Ferguson’s current menu features smoked meats ranging from Carolina-style pork to Texas brisket.
- Luxe Restaurant and Lounge La Vie Opens July 12 at the Wharf [WCP]
- Ferguson’s Finest BBQ pops up at The Craft of Brewing [NVM]
- Basic Burger Now Open In Pentagon Row [Arlnow]
- Basic Burger is Closing in Courthouse [EDC]
- The Most Anticipated Restaurants in D.C., Summer 2018 [EDC]
- Long-Delayed La Vie at the Wharf Remains a Work in Progress [EDC]