Eskridge LLC, a subsidiary of Edens, filed the suit against Mike Isabella Inc. on May 22 in Fairfax County Circuit Court, the Washington Business Journal reports. The suit states Requin stopped paying rent on or about December 30, 2015. Requin opened that same month. It shuttered in April, reported Washingtonian.
A response to the suit has not yet been filed. It’s the latest blow in what has been an extremely troublesome year for Isabella and his restaurant empire. Chloe Caras, a former manager at the newly opened Isabella Eatery in Tysons Corner accused the Top Chef alum and other men at parent company Mike Isabella Concepts of sexual harassment. Isabella — who has denied the allegations from the start — has lost business partners, essential personnel, and even his longtime spokeswoman since news of the lawsuit broke in March. He and Caras settled the suit last month; the financial terms surrounding the deal remain a secret.
According to the WBJ, “Edens first sued Isabella for Requin’s back rent in October 2017 in General District Court for Fairfax County. In April, that court issued an order determining that the restaurant had breached the lease and awarding a judgment of $668,442.78, which included the back rent, interest, late fees and attorneys’ fees, according to the May 22 suit.”
Eater reached out to Edens and Team Isabella for comment and will update this post as new information becomes available.
- Mosaic District Owner Sues Mike Isabella for more than $700K [WBJ]
- Mike Isabella’s Investors May Hold Him Accountable for Sexual Harassment Lawsuit [EDC]
- MIke Isabella Settles Lawsuit Alleging Sexual Harassment at His Restaurant Group [EDC]
- D.C. Restaurant Association Pulls Mike Isabella Restaurants From Dining Awards [EDC]
- Star Chef at Arroz and Requin Resigns From Mike Isabella’s Restaurant Group [EDC]
- Washington Nationals Strip Mike Isabella’s Eateries From Nats Park Amidst Sexual Harassment Suit [EDC]
- Alleged Sexual Harasser Mike Isabella Is Already Losing Supporters [EDC]
- Isabella Eatery Manager Sues Mike Isabella for Sexual Harassment [EDC]