According to D.C. city councilman Jack Evans, lawmakers will introduce a bill altering the minimum wage hike District voters approved on June 19 before taking a break for the summer. Washington City Paper reports that the legislative maneuver could involve full repeal of the contentious change in pay for workers currently eligible to collect tips or otherwise modify how the years-long phase-in takes place.
Neapolitan pie slinger 2 Amys is having problems. “Apologies. We are experiencing technical difficulties and will be closed for the next few days, less if we can help it,” the popular neighborhood restaurant wrote on its website.
Forthcoming deli Call Your Mother is seeking recipes from locals for treasured soups, sandwiches, and other comfort foods “to help us create the best dishes to make this deli your go to place for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If a recipe gets added to the menu, winners get to name said dish and eat it for free for one year. Submissions can be sent to Andrew@callyourmotherdeli.com; the deadline is Wednesday, August 15.
- D.C. Council to Consider Repealing Tipped Minimum Wage Referendum [WCP]
- 2 Amys temporarily closes “for a few days” due to “technical issue” [Popville]
- Dip N Rolls for sale in Silver Spring [EM]
- D.C. Voters Approve $15 Minimum Wage for Tipped Workers [EDC]
- The Most Anticipated Restaurants in D.C., Summer 2018 [EDC]