Boutique hotel Generator located on Embassy Row near Dupont Circle is debuting Café Integral, a new coffee shop devoted to Nicaraguan Fair Trade coffee beans. The cafe is open this month and is based on a similar partnership with Café Integral at sister hotel brand Freehand.
Café Integral at the Generator hotel will serve 30 different lots, with different flavor profiles for each coffee bean. Drink options also include horchata lattes, cortaditos, and iced hibiscus pineapple tea, with snacks like Legally Addictive Churros.
In other news...
- HipCityVeg, a Philly vegetarian fast-casual chain, is doubling its outposts in D.C. A new delivery-only “Go Kitchen” location will open in Brentwood in September, and work just started on a Navy Yard shop. HipCityVeg currently is open for business in Chinatown and Dupont Circle.
- Sports & Social is open in the Pike & Rose development, Bethesda magazine reports. Part of a national sports bar chain, the restaurant at 11800 Grand Park Avenue serves nachos and Orange Crushes alongside arcade games, foosball, and shuffleboard.
- Ivy City’s family-friendly play space The Lane is debuting a new cafe menu with more options for parents and kids. Find dishes like tater tot quiche or banana berry smoothies in the morning, and salads and sandwiches later on in the day. There’s chocolate milk for little ones, and for adults, a full coffee program as well as local brews from Atlas Brewery, DC Brau, and Anxo Cidery.
- ARLnow reports on a controversy involving a former bartender at Columbia Pike bar Celtic House Irish Pub and a local TikTok influencer, which ended up in court.
- A PoPville reader spots new life at Foggy Bottom coffee shop Filter, which looks like it’s been renovated.
- The Hamilton Hotel’s downtown Italian restaurant Via Sophia just launched a new lunch menu this week, serving dishes like carbonara pizza topped with a farm egg or black bass with farrow salad. There’s also an option to order a $30 three-course lunch including a soup, salad, sandwich or pasta, and a dessert. Lunch is served daily from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Update, September 10, 10:45 a.m.: Café Integral at the Generator hotel is open as of August 30.